Workshops for children
The workshop of original musical instruments making for children.
Workshops are led by Peter Kus. At some occasions he is joined by a guest visual artist.
Minimal age of participants is 6.
Duration can be varied between 90 minutes to an extended multi-part course stretched over several days.
The workshop combines music and art with technical education of children. At the workshop children will build their own simple musical instruments from recycled materials (plastic, wood, paper and metal). After building them, they will play them and search for different sounds that they produce. Finally, they paint and decorate them.
When the instruments are finished children will be encouraged, through different group improvisation techniques, to create their own music on them.
The workshops can be organized anyway around the world and the program can be adapted to a specific cultural environment, age or specific demands of the participants.
- Vijeće mladih Benčić, Rijeka (Croatia), 2016
- Kortil Gallery, Rijeka (Croatia), 2015
- SLUK Festival, Osijek (Croatia), 2015
- Tainan Municipal Cultural Centre, Tainan (Taiwan), 2014
- Let’s Meet Infont of Škuc, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2014
- Visions festival, Nova Gorica (Slovenia), 2014
- International Children’s Festival, Šibenik (Croatia), 2014
- Welser Figurentheaterfestival, Wels (Austria), 2013
- Kotor Festival of Children’s Theatre, Kotor (Montenegro), 2012, 2015
- The Blue School, New York City (USA), 2011
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, New York City (USA), 2011
- Druga Godba, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2010
- Lent Festival/Art Camp, Maribor (Slovenia), 2010
- Bazaar of Cultures, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2010, 2014
- Kinodvor, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2009
- Španski borci, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2011
- Frockarije, Ljubljana (Slovenia), 2009
- numerous elementary and high schools in Slovenia
- Center for Education and Rehabilitation of Physically Handicapped Children, Vipava (Slovenia), 2015