Two-day workshop about building and use of original musical instruments will take place on Thursday, May 7th, from 5 to 9 pm and on Friday, May 8th, from 4 to 8 pm at Ljubljana Puppet Theater in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It will be led by musician, instrument builder and theater director Peter Kus.
Workshop will include:
- the visit of the performance The Lost Tone,
- detailed presentation and testing of the original instruments that are part of the show The Lost Tone
- lecture on various aspects of the use of original instruments: in education, in independent music making and in theater,
- presentation of the basic acoustic and technical principles of making instruments,
- practical building of approximately 8 sound makers and instruments,
- music-making on original instruments: group improvisation, sound painting (the method of W. Thompson), creating simple songs or musical accompaniments for text (musical fairy tale) and pictures,
Workshop is intended for ADULTS, especially educators in Kindergarten and Elementary School, music teachers, musicians, other artists and music lovers; when accompanied by their parents, also children older than 9 years of age can attend. Registration fee for the workshop is 50 € per person and includes a ticket for The Lost Tone show,
You can apply by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 080 2004, applications are open until 20th of March 2014.