Courses for Professionals
The courses for professionals interested in the making of original musical instruments and its use in the fields of art and education.
Lecturer and course tutor: Peter Kus (in case of bigger number of participants he is joined by a guest visual artist or musician).
For: musicians and other artists, music teachers, elementary school and kindergarten teachers, music lovers.
Length of the course: 2-5 days (16-25 hours).
The course begins with a lecture covering different subjects, according to the profile of the participants: recycled art, relation to the environment, subject inter-connections in school curriculum, project work, connections between art and education, etc.
The central part of the course consists of building of musical instruments as well as of introduction to different technical procedures, materials, acoustic principles and practical advice that enable latter independent work to all the participants.
The last part of the course is devoted to creating music on original instruments. After presentation of techniques of group improvisation and sound painting (Walter Thompson method), participants create a short concert, musical fairytale, a “sound comic” or music for a short silent movie.
»Excellent organization, subject selection, atmosphere and ideas. For me, this was the best course in every aspect.«, participant of the course at the National Institute of Education of Republic of Slovenia, 2011
“It was a superb course. I liked that its main part was based on practical work and I left with a feeling that we have accomplished a lot! It gave me inspiration for my work in kindergarten and outside. Right next day I had many ideas for little instruments which we than built with kids. They now play them all the time and call for a concert each day!”, participant of the course at the National Institute of Education of Republic of Slovenia, 2012
- 1-day seminar for educators Creating on original musical instruments, Musical Society (Glasbena matica), Trieste (Italy), February 2017
- 1-day seminar for elementary school music teachers Creating on original musical instruments, Gornja Vežica Elementary School, Rijeka (Croatia), November 2016
- Workshop New Perspectives in the Use of Music in Theatre for Young Audiences, as part of On the Edge Festival, Birmingham (UK), July 2016
- 2-day workshop for music and sound in animation film Create your first film, JSKD, Ljubljana (Slovenia), March 2016 and Maribor (Slovenia), december 2016
- 1-day seminar for kindergarten teachers, Tončka Čečeva Kindergarten, Celje (Slovenia), February and December 2016,
- 2-day courses for additional education of teachers at the National Institute of Education of Republic of Slovenia, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016,
- 2-day course Creative learning for creative teaching, Faculty of Education, Maribor, Slovenia, May 2015
- Orff fall seminar, Ljubljana and Slovenske Konjice, Slovenia, November 2014 and December 2015
- Lecture Original musical instruments in school, Cankarjev dom, Ljubljana (Slovenia) – Bazaar of Cultures, 2015,
- 2-day Master Workshop about animated sound theater and the use of original musical instruments, for actors and teachers, Tainan Municipality Cultural Centre in Tainan, Taiwan, september 2014
- 2-day workshop about the use of original musical instruments in theater and school for teachers, Ljubljna Puppet Theater (Slovenia), March 2014, May 2015
- 4-day course at the Iceland Academy of Arts, Reykjavik (Iceland), March 2013
- 2-day course at Figurentheaterfestival Wels, Wels (Austria), March 2013
- 5-day course The Originals, Španski borci, Ljubljana (Slovenia), October-November 2011